Board of Education
The mission of the Clifton School District, in an open and reciprocal community partnership, is to provide all students with a quality education to develop the skills necessary to become literate, life-long learners who are responsible and productive citizens contributing to a democratic society in an ever-changing world.
President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tafari Anderson | email@example.com
Judith A. Bassford | firstname.lastname@example.org
James Daley | email@example.com
Lucy Danny | firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Demikoff | email@example.com
Dr. John Houston | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Kowal | email@example.com
The Clifton Board of Education firmly believes that it is the inherent right of every child enrolled in the public schools to receive a sound education rooted in equal opportunity and delivered in an environment which ensures physical and mental security. In today's pluralistic technological society, our first and foremost task is to instruct students in the democratic principles found within the ethical framework of the Constitutions of the United States and the State of New Jersey.
The Clifton Board of Education recognizes the importance of promoting early literacy as a foundation for academic success. Through its instructional program and co- and extra-curricular experiences, students will become independent thinkers, good decision makers, and self-supporting, productive citizens.
The Clifton Board of Education promulgates the following outcome goals:
To attain these goals, the Clifton Board of Education shall provide meaningful instruction and an environment conducive to learning, an opportunity for community input, and a professional staff of the highest quality.
- To provide students with the skills essential to obtaining information, thinking critically, solving problems, and communicating effectively.
- To create an atmosphere which encourages students to obtain knowledge and to develop the life skills necessary to enter the work force and/or pursue higher education.
- To furnish students with knowledge of current and changing technologies across the curriculum.
- To encourage the school community to become responsible contributors to the decision-making process.
- To develop an appreciation for the creative process through problem solving and technology.
- To foster understanding, sensitivity, and respect regarding all cultures.
- To impart knowledge, practices, and perspectives that promote personal and global health and safety.
- To nurture an appreciation for the fine, applied, and performing arts.