Office Hours: Daily (Monday - Friday) Sept. 5 - June 26
| 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- During the School Year Office Phone: 973-458-6709
How Can I Register a Child in Clifton Public Schools?
The local district must provide free public education to "any person
who is domiciled within the district: (NJSA 18A:38-1(a). Domicile is
where a person (parent or guardian) is eligible to vote, pays taxes,
and has a "fixed" residence.
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2013 to
go into Kindergarten
Your child must be 6 years old on or before October 1, 2013 to go
into 1st Grade
Parents/Legal Guardian must bring originals of the following to the
Registrar's Office (745 Clifton Avenue):
- Completed General Registration Enrollment
- Proof of Birth (1 Original Required)
- *Birth Certificate
*Other legal document showing birthdate
- Immunization records in English
(required with nurse's review on site) - *Physician's immunization card
*School Health Record
*Physical Examination Report Form
- Current Physical - *Doctor's Physical (must be current
within 365 days)
- School transfer records (if
- *Transcript, report card, etc.
*State or district transfer card
- Proof of Residency (3 original and
current required) - *Motor vehicle documents (Registration,
license, insurance card- these count as one)
*Utility bill (PSE&G, Cable TV, water)
*Other bills (credit cards or bank
*Rental/Ownership proof (mortgage
statement, tax bill, formal lease, title)
*Other verification (Employer letter,
pay stub, etc.) If the
parent or guardian does not have proofs of residency in their name,
please call 973-458-6709 for further instructions.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Verification
(signed applying or denying eligibility) - *Salary verification (Pay stub, child support/alimony documents,
employer documents, self-employed documents, etc.