Clifton BOE Offices   745 Clifton Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey 07013    973-470-2300


How Can I Register a Child in Clifton Public Schools?

All registrations are required to be done online. Click this link to enter the online registration system:
On-line registration is open for all grade levels. After completing the on-line registration, please bring your confirmation sheet and necessary documents to the Board of Education:
745 Clifton Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013 
Office Phone: 973-458-6709
OFFICE HOURS: Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

Kindergarten Registration: Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 5 years old by October 1, 2019, may register for Kindergarten beginning February 15, 2019.​

Preschool Registration
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2019,  may register for Pre-K.​

PLEASE NOTE: At this time our State Funded Preschool classes are full.  If you would like to place your child on the waiting list please complete the registration process.  Available spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis upon completion of the entire registration process (online and in person).

  • Your child must be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2019 to go into State Funded Preschool.
  • Your child must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2019 to go into Kindergarten
  • Your child must be 6 years old on or before October 1, 2019 to go into 1st Grade

The local district must provide free public education to "any person who is domiciled within the district: (NJSA 18A:38-1(a). Domicile is where a person (parent or guardian) is eligible to vote, pays taxes, and has a "fixed" residence.