Saturday Academy of Learning & Enrichment Overview
Saturday Academy is a free supplemental enrichment Language Arts and Mathematics development program held at selected Title I schools. The program is developed in order to provide student support and enrichment in the areas of Language Arts and Mathematics while simultaneously preparing them for the NJSLA Assessments at the end of the school year.
Various forms of enrichment activities are offered. Students participate in hands-on, engaging lessons. Selected schools also offer STEM enrichment together with this program. There is a parent-involvement component as well.
Saturday Academy will be instructed by certified Clifton staff and overseen by a coordinator. Students in Grades 3, 4, and 5 who meet the criteria based upon their test scores, class performance, and teacher and/or Basic Skill Instructor’s
recommendations are urged to attend. Saturday Academy offers your child the opportunity to learn and enhance their math, literacy, academic, and critical thinking skills. Below are some examples of the benefits of Saturday Academy...
- It offers a safe place for learning and socialization.
- It helps students gain confidence in applying important math and literacy skills.
- Introduces students to new and exciting topics.
- Feeds students during snack time.
- Incentives and prizes for students who attend regularly.
- Last day of Saturday Academy pizza party and certification of completion!
Please download and read the Brochure and Registration on this page.