School 17, located in the Botany Section of Clifton, opened its doors to the community of Clifton in September of 2004. It currently serves approximately 600 students in grades Pre-kindergarten through grade 5. We are the home of the Jaguars, where the students are “Leaping into the Future.”
Our school is committed to creating a positive learning environment where students are academically and socially successful. As part of our strategic plan, we are implementing a Positive Behavior Plan in order to create a positive school climate. At School #17, we refer to this approach as being a “Top Cat”, using the 6 Pillars of Good Character. Our Positive Behavior Plan is designed to increase positive student outcomes and decrease conduct infractions. Through a collaborative team process, we have determined that being a “Top Cat” and using the 6 Pillars of Good Character is a priority at School #17 and every staff member is involved in recognizing our students for the positive contributions they make in our school community. If your child receives a “Top Cat Ticket”, please ask them what they did to receive it and praise them. With this ticket, your child will be entered into a raffle system to win one of many prizes throughout the school year!
1. Trustworthiness (Integrity, Honesty, Reliability, Loyalty)
2. Respect (Golden Rule, Tolerance and Acceptance, Nonviolence, Courtesy)
3. Responsibility (Duty, Accountability, Pursue Excellence, Self-Control)
4. Fairness (Fairness and Justice, Openness)
5. Caring (Concern for Others, Charity)
6. Citizenship (Do Your Share, Respect Authority and Law)