Students New or Returning to the Clifton School District
STEP 1: Secure the necessary documents for registration – all documents should be translated into English.
- Proof of Birth: Birth certificate, passport or other legal document showing birth date of child (original only). The student's birth date must be on or before October 1st.
- Immunization Records: Immunization Form(s) should be the original document with the physician's name and address.
- Current Physical: Universal Child Health Record Form must be filled out and stamped by an American physician. The physical must be current within 365 days.
Click here for: Universal Child Health Record Form
- School Transfer Records: Transcript, current report card, etc., State or District Transfer Card.
- Proof of residency in Clifton: submit no more than three of the below documents. If additional documentation is needed, you will be contacted by one of our registration representatives.
- Tax Bill
- Contract of Sale
- Signed letter from landlord (must be notarized) (Download document here) – Affidavit of landlord
- Voter Registration
- Physical driver’s license / permit
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill
- Delivery receipts
- Court Orders
- Insurance claims / payments
- Medical reports / assessments
- Employment documents
- Unemployment claims
- Benefit statement
- Government based records / documents
- Affidavit / sworn statement (Download document here) – Residency verification sworn statement
STEP 2: Complete the Student Registration Form by clicking on this link: Student Registration.
STEP 3: Upon completion, you will receive an automated email requesting documents to be uploaded. You can either upload the requested documents, mail them to the appropriate registration representative below, or stop into the Welcome Center at 745 Clifton Avenue to see one of our representatives (if you are registering for preschool do not come to the Welcome Center, please contact Ms. Gaccione at the below email for an appointment).
The following forms are to be completed ONLY if instructed to do so by a Registration Representative:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of the Registrar via phone at 973-458-6709 or email the appropriate representative listed above. A member of our Registration Team will respond to you as quickly as possible.