Remote Registration Process
Please be advised that this remote/online registration process is applicable only for the current “At-Home/Distance Learning Program”. During this remote/online registration process timeframe, the District is waiving the requisite documentation needed for new students to be enrolled in the Clifton Public Schools. However, please note that when the District reopens, students will not be eligible to attend school until all of the necessary documentation is received. As such, at that time, when schools reopen, you will need to provide all other required documentation.
Clifton Public Schools is now accepting remote/online registrations for:
- 2019-2020 “At-Home/Distance Learning Program”
- 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration for Clifton Residents who will attain the age of five (5) by October 1st, 2020
- 2020-2021 Registration for the State Funded Pre-School program. This is for Income Eligible Clifton Residents who attain the age of four (4) by October 1st, 2020. Limited “over-income” seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis, determined by completion of the online registration process.
Registration for all other grade levels will open on July 1st, 2020.
How to Register Remotely
Please carefully follow the below-listed steps to complete the registration process. All registrations are required to be completed online.
- Register Online: Click the Online Registration Button below or this link. After completing the registration, you will receive a Confirmation Number.
- Complete the Google Form (you will need your Confirmation Number to continue with this step).
- Based on the responses provided in the google form, a registration case manager (see below-listed names) will contact you via telephone or Google Meet (whichever is your preferred method) to verify/confirm the accuracy of the information and assist the individual on how to then send required documentation (e.g. email, scan, etc.).
- Provide the Office of the Registrar with appropriate documentation.
Required Documentation for “At-Home/ Distance Learning Program”
- Proof of Birth (if applicable, must be translated): Birth Certificate, Passport, or other legal documents showing the birth date of the child (original only) – Birthday must be on or before October 1st. Please note the cutoff date is only applicable for Prek-3, Prek-4, and Kindergarten Registrations only!
- School Transfer Record (if applicable, must be translated): Transcript, current Report Card, etc. State or District Transfer Card.
- Language Survey: In order to comply with New Jersey State Statute 6A:15-1.3, and plan for your child’s educational needs, we are required to survey all students to determine the primary language(s) spoken at home.
- Student Health Inventory: A health history of each student is helpful in establishing a comprehensive picture of your child’s health status. The information on this form is considered confidential and will be kept in your child’s health file.
Documentation of Residency
A total of three (3) items including one (1) mandatory proof from Column A and two (2) proofs within the last thirty (30) calendar days from Column B. All three (3) proofs of address need to display the same name.
- Remote Registration Instructions Document
- Affidavit of Landlord
- McKinney-Vento Form
- Residency Verification Sworn Statement
- Student Health inventory
- Home Language Survey
- Universal Child Health Record
Registration Case Managers
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of the Registrar via phone at 973-470-2291 or email at email@example.com. A member of our team will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 5 years old by October 1, 2020, may register for Kindergarten beginning February 18, 2020.
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2020, may register for Pre-K.