Remote Registration Process
Please be advised that the registration process for the 20-2ONE-CLIFTON School Year is available online ONLY at this time. Registrants who began the registration process on or after Friday, August 28th, 2020 have already determined whether your student(s) will attend ”in-person” classes or receive remote instruction. Prior registrants must complete this task in the “Parent Portal”. Due to social distancing requirements, please be advised that selecting “In-Person” instruction does not guarantee your student this placement as it is contingent upon space and availability.
Clifton Public Schools is now accepting registrations for the 20-2ONE-CLIFTON School Year for:
- 2020-2021- Registration all grades Pre-K -12
- 2020-2021 - Kindergarten Registration for Clifton Residents who will attain the age of five (5) by October 1st, 2020
- 2020-2021 - Registration for the State Funded Preschool Program. This is for Income Eligible Clifton Residents who attain the age of four (4) by October 1st, 2020. Limited seats are available for eligible families on a first-come, first served basis upon completion of the entire registration process.
- A representative from the Registration Team will contact registrants upon completion of Steps 1 and 2 below.
Please be advised that the registration process for the 20-2ONE-CLIFTON School Year is available online ONLY at this time. Registrants who began the registration process on or after Friday, August 28th, 2020 have already determined whether your student(s) will attend ”in-person” classes or receive remote instruction. Prior registrants must complete this task in the “Parent Portal”.
How to Register Remotely
Please carefully follow the below-listed steps to complete the registration process. All registrations are required to be completed online.
- Register Online: Click the Online Registration Button below or this link. After completing the registration, you will receive a Confirmation Number.
- Complete the Google Form (you will need your Confirmation Number to continue with this step).
- Based on the responses provided in the google form, a registration case manager (see below-listed names) will contact you via telephone or Google Meet (whichever is your preferred method) to verify/confirm the accuracy of the information and assist the individual on how to then send required documentation (e.g. email, scan, etc.).
- Provide the Office of the Registrar with appropriate documentation.
- Proof of Birth: (if applicable, must be translated): Birth Certificate, Passport, or other legal documents showing the birth date of the child (original only) – Birthday must be on or before October 1st. Please note the cutoff date is only applicable for Prek-3, Prek-4, and Kindergarten Registrations only!
- Immunization Records (if applicable, must be translated): Originals with Physician’s name and address- Immunization Form(s) and School Health Records
- Current Physical: Universal Health Form must be filled out and stamped by an American Physician- information must be current within 365 days.
- School Transfer Record (if applicable, must be translated): Transcript, current Report Card, etc. State or District Transfer Card.
- Language Survey: In order to comply with New Jersey State Statute 6A:15-1.3, and plan for your child’s educational needs, we are required to survey all students to determine the primary language(s) spoken at home.
- Student Health Inventory: A health history of each student is helpful in establishing a comprehensive picture of your child’s health status. The information on this form is considered confidential and will be kept in your child’s health file.
Documentation (Proofs) of Residency
A total of three (3) items including one (1) mandatory proof from Column A and two (2) proofs within the last thirty (30) calendar days from Column B. All three (3) proofs of address need to display the same name.
- Remote Registration Instructions Document
- Affidavit of Landlord
- McKinney-Vento Form
- Residency Verification Sworn Statement
- Student Health inventory
- Home Language Survey
- Universal Child Health Record
Registration Case Managers
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of the Registrar via phone at 973-470-2291 or email at email@example.com. A member of our team will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 5 years old by October 1, 2020, may register for Kindergarten beginning February 18, 2020.
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2020, may register for Pre-K.