Whether you are enrolling your child in preschool, kindergarten, elementary school or high school, all of the necessary registration information you will need can be found on this page.
The local district must provide free public education to "any person who is domiciled within the district: (NJSA 18A:38-1(a). Domicile is where a person (parent or guardian) is eligible to vote, pays taxes, and has a "fixed" residence".
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2020, to go into State-Funded Preschool.
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before October 1, 2020, to go into Kindergarten
- Your child must be 6 years old on or before October 1, 2020, to go into 1st Grade
All registrations are required to be done online. Online registration is open for all grade levels. After completing the online registration, please bring your confirmation sheet and necessary documents to the Board of Education Building:
745 Clifton Avenue
Clifton, NJ 07013
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 5 years old by October 1, 2020, may register for Kindergarten beginning February 18, 2020.
Parents of Clifton Residents who will be 4 years old on or before October 1, 2020, may register for Pre-K.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time our State-Funded Preschool classes are full. If you would like to place your child on the waiting list please complete the registration process. Available spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis upon completion of the entire registration process (online and in-person).
- For more information about the Clifton, Pre-school Program go to our Pre-school Program Webpage
- For more information about the Clifton, Pre-school Program for the Special Needs Child, go to the Pre-school Program for Special Needs Webpage