Emergency Closing \ Early Dismissal Information \ Parent Notification System
SCHOOL CLOSING \ EARLY DISMISSAL FOR STORMY WEATHER
Parents should make arrangements with neighbors or other responsible individuals to receive and care for the children in the event of an early dismissal. (CHILDREN ARE TO BE INSTRUCTED BY THE PARENTS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE TO DO IF THIS SHOULD OCCUR).
AFTERSCHOOL ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED DURING AN EMERGENCY CLOSING.
PARENTS ARE TO PROVIDE AN UP-TO-DATE EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER OF A DESIGNATED ADULT WHO WILL ASSUME CARE OF THE CHILD WHEN THE PARENT IS NOT AVAILABLE.
MULTI-MEDIA POSTING OF STORMY WEATHER ENTIRE DAY SCHOOL CLOSING/EARLY DISMISSAL EMERGENCY SESSION
- PARENT NOTIFICATION SYSTEM – Phone call to primary telephone number informing parents/ guardians.
- Web Site Announcement- www.clifton.k12.nj.us
- Channel 12 - NJ News Network - Announcements begin at 5:30 a.m. displayed at the bottom of the television screen during their regular morning programming.
- School District Social Media Outlets
- Channel 5 - Fox Network - Announcements provided during their regular morning program beginning at approximately 6:00 a.m.
Note: The Board of Education, the TV stations or Police Headquarters MUST NOT BE CALLED FOR INFORMATION regarding school closing! PLEASE COOPERATE.
Parent Notification System
Policy 9126 Parent Notification System
Parent Notification System (Policy 9126) The purpose of this policy is to establish procedures and guidelines governing the use of the Parent Notification System. The Parent Notification System will be used for both crisis and non-crisis situations to notify parents of the Clifton School District relative to important information as deemed necessary by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. Examples of information that may be communicated through the Parent Notification System are:
1. School closings
2. School emergencies
3. School events
4. School calendar changes
5. Time-sensitive notifications that require an immediate response
The Parent Notification System for the Clifton School District shall be activated only when approved by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. The Parent Notification System shall not be used for non-school purposes.